Padstow Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre
25 Cahors Rd Padstow 9773 0687 www.padstowphysiotherapy.com
The “ STAYING STRONG & BALANCED ”
BUILD MUSCLE STRENGTH
IMPROVE MOVEMENT / FLEXIBILITY / BALANCE
WALK BETTER / FASTER / SAFER
REDUCE MUSCLE PAIN
HAVE “FUN” WHILST ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS
Why The Need for such a Program?
It is difficult for people to exercise in a safe, progressive way, under the care of professional experienced Physiotherapy Staff.
~ 30% of over 65 year olds will fall; with 50% requiring hospitalization. Many Falls end up fatal.
The population of our elderly continues to grow; (with ongoing medical problems developing such as diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, & pain)
Medical Costs are skyrocketing due to Fall related problems in 2007 estimated up to $18000 / fall. Source: Centre for Disease Control & Prevention, NSW Bureau Of Statistics
What’s in the Staying Strong & Balanced Exercise Program?
▪ All participants will be thoroughly pre-screened & measured for their Fall Risk.
▪ Attention is given to individual needs: such as mobility, muscle weakness, balance disturbances, walking difficulties & problems with normal activities of living.
▪ Exercises focusing on strengthening, coordination, flexibility, dynamic balance, Cardiovascular Fitness & bone health; all taught in a graduated fun way.
▪ Participants will be required to attend exercise classes x1/week for ~ 1 hour duration; & keep records of home exercise 1-2x / week.
Who Should attend The “Staying Strong & Balanced” Exercise Program
People who have not made a full recovery post surgery e.g Post Knee or Hip replacements, spinal surgery;
Persons feeling a loss of balance, or may have had a recent Fall;
If you are feeling weakness or stiffness in your body;
If you want to “Move Well & Stay Well”.
Criteria for entry into class:
You are able to walk independently with or without a walking stick.
You are cognitively intact, without a significant progressive neuromuscular condition
Making an Appointment
Appointments are available over extended hours. Referral from a doctor is not required to see a physiotherapist. Please bring your private health fund card to all appointments, & mention that you would like to be assessed for the “Staying Strong & Balanced” Exercise Program.
Fees and Charges
▪ Most health funds will provide a rebate for physiotherapy treatment as well as group sessions.
▪ Our on-the-spot health fund claim system (HICAPS) will process your transaction immediately, with very little out of pocket expenses for group Physiotherapy.
This practice has achieved accreditation by Quality in Practice Pty Ltd to the current Australian Physiotherapy Standards for Physiotherapy Practices. This accreditation is your guarantee of our commitment to providing you with the highest quality of health care and access to best-practice physiotherapy.