Padstow Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre is proud to announce a new form of treatment for pain related to a number of chronic soft tissue conditions (eg, Achilles tendinopathy, plantar fasciopathy, calcific bursitis of hip & shoulder, Tennis & Golfers Elbow as well as myofascial trigger points).
Conditions treated can include:
• Shoulder Pain - Frozen Shoulder, calcific bursitis
• Tennis & Golfers Elbow
• Heel Pain - Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs
• Knee Pain - Patella Tendon pain
• Shin Pain - Shin Splints/Tibial periostitis
• Achilles Tendon Pain
• Chronic Pain - Neck & Back
• Myofascial Pain - "Trigger Points
This form of treatment was developed from other medical indications (eg. treating kidney stones) and is widely used in Europe and North America for the treatment of a number of soft tissue conditions. There are numerous published scientific studies, with the majority demonstrating positive outcomes of around 60 to 80%. More recently, research has shown that when used in combination with good rehabilitation, ESWT has better outcomes than when either treatment is employed alone. Most importantly ESWT has been demonstrated to be a safe treatment modality.
High Energy Shockwaves are delivered directly to the damaged tissues. Activating self healing processes; thus better blood circulation, & formation of new blood vessels. Improving cell metabolism, releasing pain relieving substances creating an analgesic effect.
• TREATING & FIXING THE CAUSE OF PAIN
• SAFE, FAST & EFFECTIVE PAIN RELIEF
• NO SURGERY, CORTISONE OR NEEDLES REQUIRED
• OVER 75% SUCCESS RATE IN EVEN CHRONIC INJURIES
• HEALING CAN CONTINUE OVER 3-4 MONTHS, EVEN UP TO 18 MONTHS POST TREATMENT
HOW SHOCKWAVES AND TISSUES INTERACT DURING THERAPY